Happy New Year, thank you so much for being on the journey with The Heart Project.
The last day of the year finds me reflecting on the year.
I don’t know about you but this year for me has been full, with good things happening and then the not so good.
I am hoping that I have learnt some lessons from this year that makes me stronger for next year.
I have learnt that………
- I love my job I really do, I love the people that I get to journey with and the students who I see. I love the students faces when they achieve something that they didn’t think they could do. I love being a primary school chaplain. I really enjoy the school community.
- It’s good to have people in your life that you can be yourself with. You can be open, vulnerable and relaxed with them. I also appreciate friends/family that you can just have a really good laugh with. You know the one where your stomach hurts and you have to move away from the person that is making you laugh. Laughing is really good for you.
- Things will happen to you but it is how you respond to them that makes all the difference. Yes, I had a few difficult times in 2016 with having pneumonia, then having someone smash into my car. Then having my car written off and having to go to physio. I didn’t let that define me or allow that time to wallow.
- It’s okay to cry, to have a meltdown, to ask for help. It’s okay to have emotions and to use them. Having a good cry is quite okay. Just don’t unpack your bags and stay there.
- I haven’t learnt that I love writing devotionals, I am grateful to be able to write for two publications this year. I have written for Her Binder Project and Quite Women Co. I love these communities.
- I am grateful for friends and mentors that can speak into my life that can encourage me and challenge me with my goals and dreams.
- I am also grateful for the people that I have met this year.
- I have learnt that I am a Creative. Yes!
- I have learnt that I love writing and working on my blog The Heart Project.
- I have learnt that boxing is my happy place, it is where I discover my strength and determination.
I could probably add more to this list, but these are the ones that I wanted to share with you.
What have you learnt this year?
How has your year been?
I don’t ever want to stop learning.
Happy New Year.